How to go Veggie? Click this link

Want to go veggie banner

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 1 ~ Setting off the seeds

Here they are, the first seed plantings of the year....... Alysum, Lobelia, Alchemilla mollis, Tomato (red cherry), Garlic Chives and Petunia. I also had Campanula but when I opened the packet, there was only a few seeds in it. The rest must have slipped through and are probably lying in a little pile at the bottom of the seed container.

I'm going to make an attempt at being methodical this year and keep a record of when they germinate, etc...... I was going to say 'when they hatch' because our cockateil is laying eggs and it's on my mind. lol

So anyway, this is Day 1, the setting away of the seeds. And here they are. :) (except for one other tray which is in another part of the greenhouse where I had to squeeze them in)

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to start the new year!

    Good luck with them, but I imagine you won't need it.

    IB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I will Ian! :D Our resident mice take their share and I get what's left. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley,

    I can see flowers blooming soon. It's truly a joy to have a garden full of flowers. They can easily brighten even the gloomy days.

    Thanks for dropping by and leaving a nice comment on my blog.

    Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete