Sunday, May 3, 2009
Happiness in the small things......
Hey I've been tagged and the culprit is..... er, I mean it was that wonderfully talented writer by the name of Greenfingers at A Gardener's Life in Motion.
Here are the rules:
1) Name the person who tagged you. Mine is the aforementioned Green One.
2) List six unimportant things that make you feel happy. I've taken the word 'unimportant' to imply everyday things, and so here are mine:
* Walking on the hills or through the woods with our dogs, feeling the stillness and 'hearing' the silence except for the birds calling to each other.
* Watching sparkles of light dancing round the garden, reflected off an old glass lampshade hanging from one of the trees. Charlie, one of our dogs, likes watching that too. :)
* Going down to the greenhouse in the morning to open the windows. Every visit feels like the first. I feel so lucky to have this greenhouse..... hubby built it out of various bits and pieces and it's fab!
* Having a break from the day's work with a nice cup of Earl Grey and a good book.
* Spotting a germinated seedling in the garden that I didn't plant. It's either been from a seed in a bird dropping or blown there by the wind, etc...... a gift from Mother Nature. :)
* The postman bringing me some 'interesting' mail..... usually stuff I've ordered off eBay. :O)
3) Tag six people and make a link to their blog. Here goes.....
Tileena in Behind the Lens
Barbara at The Serenity Gate
Gledwood at Gledwood Volume 2 (Main Blog)
David at Snappy's Gardens Blog
Nancy at Writing Novels
Small Footprint at Reduce Footprints